The Anadolu Agency does not verify these stories, and does not vouch for their accuracy.
On Thursday, most Turkish dailies reported on Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu’s unveiling a new system of regulations on working conditions.
The move came after the flooding of a coal mine trapped 18 workers at a mine in the Ermenek district of Turkey’s central Karaman province, about 400 kilometers (250 miles) south of Ankara on Oct. 28.
Search and rescue teams have recovered the bodies of two of the miners so far.
“Zero tolerance” said the YENI SAFAK daily, reporting that the government will increase administrative fines for workplace violations to ensure employers maintain working conditions and guarantee the safety of their workers.
There was also an elevator accident in Istanbul on September 6.
Ten workers died after an elevator plunged from the 32nd floor to the ground floor in a large construction site in the city’s Mecidiyekoy commercial district.
SABAH also quotes Davutoglu in its headline as saying: “There will be a record system for employers, in which an employer convicted for a fatal work accident will be denied from bidding for public tenders for two years.”
HURRIYET says that those working in highly-dangerous jobs will have to hold a professional competence training certificate and new obligatory courses on work health and safety will be given in vocational schools.
In other news, Turkish dailies also covered pro-Kurdish People’s Democratic Party leaders who said the stalled solution process is back on track, stressing that both parties should do whatever it takes to ensure the success of the negotiations.
“We support the peace process,” writes MILLIYET, citing the remarks of pro-Kurdish HDP parliamentary group deputy chairmen Idris Baluken, Pervin Buldan and Sirri Sureyya Onder at a press briefing on Wednesday at which they shared the details of the latest talks with the Turkish government.
Pro-Kurdish protests, that broke out in Turkey in early October, caused the solution process talks to break down. The demonstrations were held to show solidarity with Syria’s Kurdish-populated town of Kobani, which has been besieged by militants of Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
The demonstrators took to the streets across Turkey to protests what they called "inaction" by the Turkish government in halting the advance of extremist ISIL militants pouring into Kobani. The protests left at least 38 people and two police officers dead, along with scores of damaged vehicles, state buildings, political party offices and shops.
HABERTURK quoted Buldan: “I want to make clear that a mutual will has emerged among the parties in the peace process, for the continuation of the process.”
The statement came after Davutoglu set two conditions for the continuation of the process: The withdrawal of Kurdish militants from Turkey, and an end to all violence as of November 11.
The parliamentary delegation is set to hold other rounds of talks with government officials this week, before their visit to Imrali Island where terrorist PKK head Abdullah Ocalan is imprisoned.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 13 Kasım 2014, 11:43